26 June 2019
Hogan Lovells advised Deutsche Bank on financing the acquisition of @Leisure group
PRESS RELEASE - Amsterdam, 26 June 2019
A cross-practice and cross-border Hogan Lovells team has advised Deutsche Bank on financing the acquisition of @Leisure group, a Dutch property management business by Oyo, a fast growing Indian hotel chain backed by heavyweights Softbank, Airbnb, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Sequoia Capital and Greenoaks Capital.
Oyo's acquisition of @Leisure group from German media group Axel Springer is its first foray in the European market. @Leisure manages 30,000 holiday homes in 13 European countries, and lists a further 85,000 on its online booking platform.
Led by Amsterdam Banking partner Wouter Jongen and senior associate Siddharth Saxena, teams in London, Frankfurt, Singapore and Amsterdam advised Deutsche Bank on the financing, corporate and tax aspects of the transaction, with local counsel teams in Denmark and Switzerland.
Wouter Jongen, a partner at Hogan Lovells in Amsterdam, said: "We were delighted to work on this important transaction for Deutsche Bank, as part of the broad work that we do with them. It demonstrates our expertise in the acquisition finance market, particularly in Benelux."
The team included:
- Wouter Jongen, Partner, Banking
- Peter Stokking, Counsel, Banking
- Siddharth Saxena, Senior Associate, Banking
- Anton Louwinger, Partner, Tax
- Alexander Fortuin, Senior Associate, Tax
- Art van der Pols, Senior Associate, Banking
- Jan-Willem Boer, Junior Associate, Banking
- Ilene Baltes, Junior Associate, Banking
- Paul Mullen, Partner, Banking
- Scott Gibson, Senior Associate, Banking
- Jessie Wong, Trainee Solicitor, Banking
- Katlen Bloecker, Partner, Banking
- Maria Eugenia Fojo, Senior Associate, Banking
- Alexander McMyn, Partner, Banking
- Kaveeta Sandhu, Senior Associate, Banking
- Margaux Ith, Paralegal, Banking
About Hogan Lovells Amsterdam
From the office in Amsterdam, around 120 professionals serve national and international clients in solving complex legal and tax issues and they offer legal guidance on matters such as acquisitions, financing and disputes. National knowledge and experience are combined with specific sector knowledge and international expertise.
Hogan Lovells is a full service law firm. On more than six continents, more than 2,800 lawyers, notaries and tax advisors work together in around 50 offices. Social involvement is one of the core values of Hogan Lovells. All employees are asked to spend at least 25 hours a year on socially relevant volunteering.
For further information you can contact:
Bert van Daalen, BD Manager
T: +31 (0)20 55 33 739
Hogan Lovells International LLP
Atrium – "North Tower"
1077 ZX AMSTERDAM
Phone: +31 20 55 33 600
Fax: +31 20 55 33 777